Monday, July 11, 2011

Lena Stein Graduates From GRAMMY Camp® To Nashville By Ryley Mueller

Lena Stein, an 18-year-old singer/songwriter from Carlisle, Massachusetts, is one of the few students invited back for another year of GRAMMY Camp®. Stein traveled to the University of Southern California in Los Angeles for her second year of GRAMMY Camp. Being a part of the Songwriting career track has Stein writing every day.

“I’ve seen a lot of changes in the Songwriting program so far. We got right into writing [on the first day]. We’ve all written two songs so far and we’re writing another one this afternoon; which is way more than last year," Stein says. "It’s a lot more writing and the process behind it, rather than just performing.”

For Stein, music has always been a part of her life. From being a young child to playing today, Stein has a strong musical background and passion for music.

“Ask my dad, I sang before I spoke. My whole family is all really musical. My grandma wrote songs and my dad was a musician, so I always had music around me.”

Having the creative outlet seemed natural for Stein. Being able to express herself helped her throughout harsh high school years.

“I love music. My parents made a point to have me listening to good music when I was young so I could have a good musical background," she says. "Third grade was the first time I actually remember writing. I started taking it seriously in high school and it was that outlet for me to be able to say, ‘Hey, this guy’s a jerk’ or ‘I’m so ready to get out of this town’."

Stein keeps a steady view of her dreams. With a four-track country demo out and two years of GRAMMY Camp under her belt, she has no intention of stopping any time soon.

“I see myself living in Nashville [in five years]. I’m actually moving there for college in five weeks, I’m super excited to be there and country music is my thing. Education is big for me, so I want to integrate myself in the music scene and continue school. I’d love to start recording, get signed and continue with music.”

No comments: